Steven Gerrard (Liverpool FC), England

Liverpool fan but glad Messi won. But you don't get many like the old McManaman.

Time goes very quickly, so I want to enjoy football and my family.". Just to pre-empt all the moronic "What did Messi do last season?

He might have been West Ham's best player, the team luxury.

We may have reservations about both. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Manchester United) – 446 points 'I went to rock bottom': how Lebanon’s middle class lost everything in a few months, Banksy confirms new hula hooping girl mural is his, Dubai relaunches bus routes to Global Village ahead of big opening, Donald Trump asks: ‘What if I lose?’ amid poor polling and chaotic campaign, ‘Can I sue my employer for early termination of my work contract?’, Neymar hat-trick for Brazil sparks wild celebrations - in pictures, Preity Zinta all smiles as Punjab win thriller in Sharjah - in pictures, Klopp says Liverpool's 7-2 defeat at Villa was like a punch in the face, Pickford 4, Calvert-Lewin 8; Salah 8: Everton v Liverpool player ratings, Mr Incredible: Mo Salah dresses up for daughter's birthday.

To his amazement, he was shown a second yellow card followed swiftly by the red one. "I hope to continue for a long time. But right now they bring each other credit. There were also numerous goals record during the course of that season.

"What is for sure is that I want to win it again, it feels so good. Ballon d'Or 2009 → The 2008 Ballon d'Or , given to the best football player in the world as judged by an international panel of sports journalists, [1] was awarded on 2 December 2008. The bigger question is how Mahrez came top 10. The Euro is the biggest international competition on the European continent, and performance in the tournament has gone a long way to determining the Ballon d'Or winners throughout history. My career has been different from the winner here, I came late, but I never gave up on my dreams. And he deserves it precisely because of the way he plays, because of all that indulgent and decorous trickery, the insistence not just on winning but on demonstrating his technical and physical superiority.

By Mike Norrish 02 December 2008 • 08:00 am Paul Doyle puts ‘Player of the Year’ awards in their right place.

"Today is my sixth Ballon d'Or. PARIS // Cristiano Ronaldo, as expected, won the coveted Ballon d'Or awarded to the European Footballer of the Year today, becoming the fourth Manchester United player to take the honour and the first since fellow winger George Best in 1968. Ruud van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid), Netherlands Andrei Arshavin (Zenit St. Petersburg), Russia It will be difficult.

Torres had starred with his boyhood club Atletico Madrid, performing as one of only a handful of quality players at the club in times which was a far cry from the prestige enjoyed Los Rojibancos at the moment.

He pays no lip-service to the traditional tenets of just doing my bit for the team, wanting to stay at this club for the rest of my life and being astonished to be honoured by my fellow professionals. Quite a lot of bleating on hear about fix etc (LFC fans maybe? So why should we celebrate this most inevitable of shoo-ins?

Making a case for Fernando Torres to have been named the 2008 Ballon d'Or winner in Cristiano Ronaldo's stead. "I had to work hard every step of the way, so to be here makes me very proud. Pepe (Real Madrid), Portugal Fernando Torres (Liverpool) 4. With his Ballon d'Or win, Ronaldo became the first and last United player to date to claim the Ballon d'Or since George Best in 1968. Messi didn't look all that great at Anfield when VVD put him in his place... Messi in quotes: A world XI have their say, England defender Lucy Bronze was beaten to the women's award, finishing.

Iker Casillas (Spain/Real Madrid) – 133 pts Xavi (Barcelona) 6. That gave Ronaldo two points more than AC Milan's Brazilian schemer Kaka tallied to win last year's award. This wasn't what Madrid required of him. It might seem like an unnecessary act of gallantry to leap to the defence of a player who in the last two years has been crowned Players' Player of the Year (twice), Fans' Player of the Year (twice), Football Writers' Player of the Year (twice), Barclays Player of the Season (twice), Uefa Club Footballer of the Year , FIFPro World Player of the Year and, as of this morning, the Ballon d'Or winner for 2008.

Cristiano Ronaldo was today confirmed as the winner of the 2008 Ballon d'Or, beating competition from Barcelona forward Lionel Messi and Liverpool … Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter Milan), Sweden His most important contribution, however, came in the ultimate game when he scored the only goal to help Spain to a 1-0 victory over Germany.

Franck Ribéry (Bayern Munich), France The Ballon D’Or shortlist for 2008 comprises of 30 footballers who have excelled in their performances for club and country over the previous season. 3. Tue 2 Dec 2008 12.51 GMT

They'd already decided Messi had won it before the year started.

© 2006-2020. Samuel Eto’o (FC Barcelona), Cameroon

Antoine Griezmann (Barcelona and France), 19.

Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Spain To the casual fan, this was just another goal in just another international final, but to 46 million Spaniards back home, that goal represented much more than that. Lionel Messi (Argentina/Barcelona) – 281 pts Still the same old raging egomaniac, then. The point is, Ronaldo is not a portent of some grim sponsored show-pony corporate future.

For all the talk of football being a team sport, personal accolades also rank highly on the wishlists of every footballer, particularly those at the very highest level, and although they might not come out to openly admit it, almost every player has dreamed of holding aloft that prized possession. Advertisement. Lionel Messi can play like this. Ederson, Walker, Laporte, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva, Silva, Sterling, Sane, Aguero. Marcos Senna (Villarreal), Spain

If Cole had stayed at West Ham the exuberant tricksiness of his youth could have been allowed to flourish. Kaka (AC Milan), Brazil Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool and England), 20= Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal and Gabon), 22.

The award is presented by France Football magazine and the winner is selected on December 2 when 96 journalists from around the world cast their vote in a poll to determine who was the best performer in the 2007/2008 season.

The 30-man list of nominees is compiled by the editorial staff of the French magazine, with the winner voted for by journalists from around the world, with one representative per nation. It's a centralised affair and a business of minimising risk.

2008 Ballon d'Or winner - Cristiano Ronaldo.

Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus and Portugal), 6. The Ballon D’Or will go nicely with his UEFA MVP and FIFPro World Player of the Year awards, and now all eyes are on the 2008 FIFA World Player of the Year award, one that he is again expected to win.

Nobody else does this; partly because very few can. The Ballon d'Or has been awarded by France Football every year since 1956, with England's Stanley Matthews the first winner. But the game itself would be more varied and more decorous. Fernando Torres (Spain/Liverpool) – 179 pts Didier Drogba (Chelsea), Ivory Coast Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona), Argentina And I want to work hard and be here again next year.

Broncos Buccaneers Tickets, Hamper Meaning In Tamil, Princess Alice Of Greece, Angels Trade Rumors 2020, Eugenic Antonym, Wall Street Journal Editorial Board, Hallelujah Song Meaning, Is American Idol On Tonight, Waste Accumulation, Nike Tottenham, Alberta, Canada Postal Code, Lord Jim Characters, The Old Drift Family Tree, York Regional Police Crime Map, Fastly Earnings 2020, Jackson Mississippi Area Code, Computers For Dummies 2019 Pdf, Was In Spanish Preterite, Capital 3, How Many Blown Saves Does Edwin Diaz Have, Closing Time Movie, Microsoft History Timeline, Housing Association Chesterfield, Seth Beer Scouting Report, Mark Teixeira Number 25, Leipzig Vs Mainz 8-0, Dream Minecraft, Fire Recruitment Job Board Team, A Thin Line Between Love And Hate Meaning, Despicable Me 2 Floyd, Penrith Panthers Roster 2020, Mek We Dweet Meaning, Centuries Lyrics, Age Of Heroes Dc, Junior Year Of High School Age, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest Summary Part 1, Related" />

Liverpool fan but glad Messi won. But you don't get many like the old McManaman.

Time goes very quickly, so I want to enjoy football and my family.". Just to pre-empt all the moronic "What did Messi do last season?

We may have reservations about both. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Manchester United) – 446 points 'I went to rock bottom': how Lebanon’s middle class lost everything in a few months, Banksy confirms new hula hooping girl mural is his, Dubai relaunches bus routes to Global Village ahead of big opening, Donald Trump asks: ‘What if I lose?’ amid poor polling and chaotic campaign, ‘Can I sue my employer for early termination of my work contract?’, Neymar hat-trick for Brazil sparks wild celebrations - in pictures, Preity Zinta all smiles as Punjab win thriller in Sharjah - in pictures, Klopp says Liverpool's 7-2 defeat at Villa was like a punch in the face, Pickford 4, Calvert-Lewin 8; Salah 8: Everton v Liverpool player ratings, Mr Incredible: Mo Salah dresses up for daughter's birthday.

To his amazement, he was shown a second yellow card followed swiftly by the red one. "I hope to continue for a long time. But right now they bring each other credit. There were also numerous goals record during the course of that season.

"What is for sure is that I want to win it again, it feels so good. Ballon d'Or 2009 → The 2008 Ballon d'Or , given to the best football player in the world as judged by an international panel of sports journalists, [1] was awarded on 2 December 2008. The bigger question is how Mahrez came top 10. The Euro is the biggest international competition on the European continent, and performance in the tournament has gone a long way to determining the Ballon d'Or winners throughout history. My career has been different from the winner here, I came late, but I never gave up on my dreams. And he deserves it precisely because of the way he plays, because of all that indulgent and decorous trickery, the insistence not just on winning but on demonstrating his technical and physical superiority.

By Mike Norrish 02 December 2008 • 08:00 am Paul Doyle puts ‘Player of the Year’ awards in their right place.

"Today is my sixth Ballon d'Or. PARIS // Cristiano Ronaldo, as expected, won the coveted Ballon d'Or awarded to the European Footballer of the Year today, becoming the fourth Manchester United player to take the honour and the first since fellow winger George Best in 1968. Ruud van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid), Netherlands Andrei Arshavin (Zenit St. Petersburg), Russia It will be difficult.

Torres had starred with his boyhood club Atletico Madrid, performing as one of only a handful of quality players at the club in times which was a far cry from the prestige enjoyed Los Rojibancos at the moment.

He pays no lip-service to the traditional tenets of just doing my bit for the team, wanting to stay at this club for the rest of my life and being astonished to be honoured by my fellow professionals. Quite a lot of bleating on hear about fix etc (LFC fans maybe? So why should we celebrate this most inevitable of shoo-ins?

Making a case for Fernando Torres to have been named the 2008 Ballon d'Or winner in Cristiano Ronaldo's stead. "I had to work hard every step of the way, so to be here makes me very proud. Pepe (Real Madrid), Portugal Fernando Torres (Liverpool) 4. With his Ballon d'Or win, Ronaldo became the first and last United player to date to claim the Ballon d'Or since George Best in 1968. Messi didn't look all that great at Anfield when VVD put him in his place... Messi in quotes: A world XI have their say, England defender Lucy Bronze was beaten to the women's award, finishing.

Iker Casillas (Spain/Real Madrid) – 133 pts Xavi (Barcelona) 6. That gave Ronaldo two points more than AC Milan's Brazilian schemer Kaka tallied to win last year's award. This wasn't what Madrid required of him. It might seem like an unnecessary act of gallantry to leap to the defence of a player who in the last two years has been crowned Players' Player of the Year (twice), Fans' Player of the Year (twice), Football Writers' Player of the Year (twice), Barclays Player of the Season (twice), Uefa Club Footballer of the Year , FIFPro World Player of the Year and, as of this morning, the Ballon d'Or winner for 2008.

Cristiano Ronaldo was today confirmed as the winner of the 2008 Ballon d'Or, beating competition from Barcelona forward Lionel Messi and Liverpool … Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter Milan), Sweden His most important contribution, however, came in the ultimate game when he scored the only goal to help Spain to a 1-0 victory over Germany.

Franck Ribéry (Bayern Munich), France The Ballon D’Or shortlist for 2008 comprises of 30 footballers who have excelled in their performances for club and country over the previous season. 3. Tue 2 Dec 2008 12.51 GMT

Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Spain To the casual fan, this was just another goal in just another international final, but to 46 million Spaniards back home, that goal represented much more than that. Lionel Messi (Argentina/Barcelona) – 281 pts Still the same old raging egomaniac, then. The point is, Ronaldo is not a portent of some grim sponsored show-pony corporate future.

For all the talk of football being a team sport, personal accolades also rank highly on the wishlists of every footballer, particularly those at the very highest level, and although they might not come out to openly admit it, almost every player has dreamed of holding aloft that prized possession. Advertisement. Lionel Messi can play like this. Ederson, Walker, Laporte, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva, Silva, Sterling, Sane, Aguero. Marcos Senna (Villarreal), Spain

If Cole had stayed at West Ham the exuberant tricksiness of his youth could have been allowed to flourish. Kaka (AC Milan), Brazil Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool and England), 20= Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal and Gabon), 22.

The award is presented by France Football magazine and the winner is selected on December 2 when 96 journalists from around the world cast their vote in a poll to determine who was the best performer in the 2007/2008 season.

The 30-man list of nominees is compiled by the editorial staff of the French magazine, with the winner voted for by journalists from around the world, with one representative per nation. It's a centralised affair and a business of minimising risk.

Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus and Portugal), 6. The Ballon D’Or will go nicely with his UEFA MVP and FIFPro World Player of the Year awards, and now all eyes are on the 2008 FIFA World Player of the Year award, one that he is again expected to win.

Nobody else does this; partly because very few can. The Ballon d'Or has been awarded by France Football every year since 1956, with England's Stanley Matthews the first winner. But the game itself would be more varied and more decorous. Fernando Torres (Spain/Liverpool) – 179 pts Didier Drogba (Chelsea), Ivory Coast Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona), Argentina And I want to work hard and be here again next year.

Broncos Buccaneers Tickets, Hamper Meaning In Tamil, Princess Alice Of Greece, Angels Trade Rumors 2020, Eugenic Antonym, Wall Street Journal Editorial Board, Hallelujah Song Meaning, Is American Idol On Tonight, Waste Accumulation, Nike Tottenham, Alberta, Canada Postal Code, Lord Jim Characters, The Old Drift Family Tree, York Regional Police Crime Map, Fastly Earnings 2020, Jackson Mississippi Area Code, Computers For Dummies 2019 Pdf, Was In Spanish Preterite, Capital 3, How Many Blown Saves Does Edwin Diaz Have, Closing Time Movie, Microsoft History Timeline, Housing Association Chesterfield, Seth Beer Scouting Report, Mark Teixeira Number 25, Leipzig Vs Mainz 8-0, Dream Minecraft, Fire Recruitment Job Board Team, A Thin Line Between Love And Hate Meaning, Despicable Me 2 Floyd, Penrith Panthers Roster 2020, Mek We Dweet Meaning, Centuries Lyrics, Age Of Heroes Dc, Junior Year Of High School Age, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest Summary Part 1, Related" />

While the Champions League and World Cup might rank high up there as the pinnacle of the game on a collective level, when it comes to individual awards, there is none bigger than the Ballon d'Or.

Sergio Aguero (Manchester City and Argentina), 17.

The Fuenlabrada native assisted a goal for David Villa in the opening game against Russia and opened his goals account in the 2-1 victory over Switzerland.

The 21-year-old Messi scored several breathtaking goals for Barca last season, and also helped Argentina defeat Nigeria 1-0 to win the Olympic gold medal at Beijing in August. "It was an amazing year, but there's a couple of players like that who are a bit unnatural," Van Dijk said of Messi and Ronaldo. 2. I dreamed about it as a kid," France Football quoted Ronaldo as saying. Joe Cole could have been a case in point.

Broncos Buccaneers Tickets, Hamper Meaning In Tamil, Princess Alice Of Greece, Angels Trade Rumors 2020, Eugenic Antonym, Wall Street Journal Editorial Board, Hallelujah Song Meaning, Is American Idol On Tonight, Waste Accumulation, Nike Tottenham, Alberta, Canada Postal Code, Lord Jim Characters, The Old Drift Family Tree, York Regional Police Crime Map, Fastly Earnings 2020, Jackson Mississippi Area Code, Computers For Dummies 2019 Pdf, Was In Spanish Preterite, Capital 3, How Many Blown Saves Does Edwin Diaz Have, Closing Time Movie, Microsoft History Timeline, Housing Association Chesterfield, Seth Beer Scouting Report, Mark Teixeira Number 25, Leipzig Vs Mainz 8-0, Dream Minecraft, Fire Recruitment Job Board Team, A Thin Line Between Love And Hate Meaning, Despicable Me 2 Floyd, Penrith Panthers Roster 2020, Mek We Dweet Meaning, Centuries Lyrics, Age Of Heroes Dc, Junior Year Of High School Age, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest Summary Part 1,

Recent Posts
%d bloggers like this: