Tom Hintnaus Check out some of the IMDb editors' favorites movies and shows to round out your Watchlist. This is 80's, but not so far into the decade that disco wasn't still cool. Ralph withers on the ground for a minute before he dies as the killer again has his stopwatch and stops it at 30 seconds. 1981 Financial analysis of Graduation Day (1981) including budget, domestic and international box office gross, DVD and Blu-ray sales reports, total earnings and profitability.

As the band's song ends, the killer hacks at Dolores with the sword.

I love the relationship between Michael Pataki and his secretary (I can't remember who played her). Oh well I would give this movie and 8 out of 10 for a B movie. As the fight continues, Kevin is ultimately pushed into the spikes by Anne and is seemingly killed. Graduation Day (1981) - Retro-Spective Movie Review - YouTube

Four college students are stalked by an unknown assailant while staying on campus over the Christmas holidays to help clear out a dormitory which is to be demolished. Afterwards, Anne goes to visit Laura's boyfriend, Kevin (E. Danny Murphy), at his house. They are roller skating to the tune of Gangster Rock, played by a band of men donning black and white makeup. A black-gloved hand stops a stopwatch at 30 seconds. As Doris and Joanne run off, Ralph goes into the undergrowth to get his football where the masked killer is there, with a football affixed with a fencing blade. Filmed in Los Angeles, Graduation Day was released in the spring of 1981, grossing nearly $24 million on a budget of $250,000, far exceeding the genre's usual box office at the time. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Fortunately there's enough T&A to make up for it.

Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Graduation Day [Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack]", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Graduation_Day_(film)&oldid=980384363, Wikipedia articles with plot summary needing attention from March 2019, All Wikipedia articles with plot summary needing attention, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 26 September 2020, at 07:24.

- Dolores (Linnea Quigley).

Sally heads back to the locker room and after showering and shaving her legs, the killer arrives, wearing a gray sweatsuit, black leather gloves and a fencing mask. “ No Graduation ever” - Yeah this movie didn’t do it for me at all pretty dull for the most part and the kills looked cheap as hell this is yet another 80’s slasher flick that I highly see appraised by everyone but to me was disappointing. Though it received a largely negative reception, the film has since developed a cult following among fans of the genre. A little later, Sally the gymnast arrives in the gym area where Coach Michaels is there with a photographer to take a few photos of her doing a routine on the gym bars, but she is not able to concentrate apparently due to memories of Laura's death.

[2], Graduation Day received unfavorable responses from film critics.

The biggest problem with Graduation Day is the pace, it's really slow. In the woods, Dolores and fellow track team members Tony are confronted by Officer MacGregor while smoking a joint. Inside Coach Michael's desk are a pair of black leather gloves and a stopwatch. Track team member Ralph, who carries a football, runs into Doris and Joanna in the woods.

and distributed Columbia Pictures in the heart of the Slasher boom. YOU RENTED AN 80's SLASHER FLICK!!! Anne, Inspector Halliday, and MacGregor arrive and find the team photo with the faces of all of the team members (except for Kevin's) crossed out.

Sally tries to concentrate despite Coach's encouragement words: of "don't disappoint me", but she continually fails. Two teenagers fake an attack by a legendary serial killer for a little attention, but the plan backfires when this triggers the real killer to resurface and go after them. Fun, though predictable slasher with some inventive kills.

There, Pete's dead body is shown with him still impaled to the spikes.

Pre-production commenced in 1980, where filming began on December 8 in Los Angeles, California. However, an unknown killer has another idea. Why is that? I'll say this for Graduation Day, it doesn't waste any fucking time at the start...after that though? The plot follows a high school track team who are stalked and murdered by a masked assailant days before their graduation. A black-gloved hand stops a stopwatch at 30 seconds.

During a high school track meet at Midvale High School, Laura Ramstead, after being pushed by Coach Michaels, collapses and dies after crossing the finish line. Writing for The Washington Post, Richard Harrington criticized the film as “badly acted” and “seemingly shot with varied-quality stock footage.”[3] Linda Gross of the Los Angeles Times referred to it as “an insinuating and lecherous movie with many hokey effects and poor-quality acting,"[4] while Variety similarly noted the film as “poor quality.”[5], Online movie guide Allmovie awarded the film one out of five stars, calling it “standard” and wrote: “Graduation Day needed more time in the school of horror before it could truly make the grade,” though praised its “creative” casting. No Motive!!!

The suspects include the track coach Michaels, Laura's sister Anne who arrives in town for the funeral, the creepy school principal Mr. Guglione, and Laura's strange boyfriend Kevin. Michaels and Kevin struggle on the ground for the hunting knife and the coach manages to get the hunting knife away from Kevin.

© Letterboxd Limited. All the films from my exploitation lists, bundled into one mega-super-list-to-rule-them-all! The killer, standing nearby with the stopwatch, again stops it at 30 seconds. Anne runs away as Kevin picks up Laura's corpse and takes it back inside his house. Meanwhile, Dolores (Linnea Quigley) is on a park bench with her boyfriend Tony (Billy Hufsey), smoking marijuana and kissing when MacGregor (Virgil Frye) the school 'narc' shows up and says he had better not catch them with drugs again. The 1981 cult classic Slasher film was produced by Troma Ent.

Coach Michaels is nearby and checks the body. The closest thing we have to a main character is the dead girl's sister and she disappears for huge chunks of the runtime and it feels like she's only there to act as a red herring. Kevin is disarmed during the struggle, and Coach Michaels picks up the knife. When Dolores grows worried, she goes looking for him and is horrified to find his dismembered head—and the killer. Later, another track member, named Sally (Denise Cheshire), is walking through the wooded area and she has an encounter with Anne, who is looking for the auditorium. A high school girl dies during a sprint competition. Later in the auditorium, Sally arrives where she sees Anne already there watching the students having a graduation rehearsal, with Anne as a special guest.

Two months later, on the day before graduation day, Anne Ramstead, a U.S. Navy officer and Laura's older sister, returns to her hometown in order to take part in the high school graduation ceremony in honor of her sister. No... retarded.

This movie overall is pretty funny! But then those sick last 10 minutes happened and I was beaming. A short time later, Anne is speaking with Guglione's secretary and discovers that Kevin has been lying to her. ", Review by Tony the Terror️‍ ★★★★ 2, 30. a movie with a celebrity before they were a celebrity, You might think I picked this one because it has a young Vanna White in it and that’s all fine and good, but if you know me then you know I’m like “Vanna who bitch I picked this movie for ❤️ LINNEA ❤️” and when I say her name out loud those heart emojis actually do appear so yeah. To kill all the track team members, and cause total havoc at graduation.

Fatal Games, another slasher film with a similar plot, was released in 1984. Ralph goes behind the trees and says to the killer "Hi. Great gore, Giallo sensibilities, and characters that make sense added up to a movie that I enjoyed.

After a high school track runner, named Laura, suddenly dies from a heart attack after finishing a 30-second 200-meter race, a killer wearing a sweat suit and a fencing mask begins killing off her friends on the school track team one by one.

Of course something set in a school has a weird pervert teacher.

Click here to login or here to sign up. Anne and her mother discuss the death of their sister/daughter (who happens to be Laura). letterboxd.com/joel_clark97/list/overlooked-horror-movies-you-should-see/, Every Horror Film Made from 1895 - present, Teenage Wasteland: A Comprehensive List of Coming-of-Age films, I’m in my room alone bored and I will be making a list of every movie that comes to my mind until I get bored with that, The Chronological History of the Cinematic Macabre, 2,500 + Noteworthy Movies on Amazon Prime, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of Slasher Films (1974 - 1995), Low-Budget & Lurid: A List of Exploitation/Grindhouse Fare (Every Movie on the Grindhouse Cinema Database, Almost), All the films mentioned in Kim Newman's Nightmare Movies, Genre: Exploitation (100 Years: 1896-1995). After giving her statement to the police, a traumatized Anne returns home that night and hallucinates an undead Kevin in her room, when in reality it is just her drunk stepfather Ronald. Dolores is then attacked by the killer who chases her though the woods as the band Gangster Rock continues to play, drowning out her screams.

Vanna White.

The team is devastated. The dead bodies are assembled for the final shot of the film. When her mother asks how long will she be visiting, Anne replies that she will be leaving after graduation day. Anne sees how odd Kevin is, claiming that his parents are away and his grandmother, who spends all the time in a chair in the living room watching TV, is stone deaf.

Swan Song Theme, Data Science Central Group, Marvelous 3 Albums, Phineas And Ferb Movie, Is Hamilton In Peel Region, Where Can I Buy The Pink Stuff, What Did Nicholas Of Cusa Discover, Food Of The Gods 2 Watch Online, Instagram Wallpaper For Highlights, Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire, Thomas Hamilton, Touching Eulogy For Friend Examples, Map Of Malton And Surrounding Area, Reign Of Terror, 1997 Melbourne Cup Results, Greg Maddux Changeup, Desert Gold Plant, Dean Cain Net Worth 2020, The Metromaniacs, Best School Neighbourhoods In Toronto, Kansas Carry On Wayward Son Lyrics, The Road Less Traveled Pdf, Getting Your Way Every Day, Related" />

Tom Hintnaus Check out some of the IMDb editors' favorites movies and shows to round out your Watchlist. This is 80's, but not so far into the decade that disco wasn't still cool. Ralph withers on the ground for a minute before he dies as the killer again has his stopwatch and stops it at 30 seconds. 1981 Financial analysis of Graduation Day (1981) including budget, domestic and international box office gross, DVD and Blu-ray sales reports, total earnings and profitability.

I love the relationship between Michael Pataki and his secretary (I can't remember who played her). Oh well I would give this movie and 8 out of 10 for a B movie. As the fight continues, Kevin is ultimately pushed into the spikes by Anne and is seemingly killed. Graduation Day (1981) - Retro-Spective Movie Review - YouTube

Four college students are stalked by an unknown assailant while staying on campus over the Christmas holidays to help clear out a dormitory which is to be demolished. Afterwards, Anne goes to visit Laura's boyfriend, Kevin (E. Danny Murphy), at his house. They are roller skating to the tune of Gangster Rock, played by a band of men donning black and white makeup. A black-gloved hand stops a stopwatch at 30 seconds. As Doris and Joanne run off, Ralph goes into the undergrowth to get his football where the masked killer is there, with a football affixed with a fencing blade. Filmed in Los Angeles, Graduation Day was released in the spring of 1981, grossing nearly $24 million on a budget of $250,000, far exceeding the genre's usual box office at the time. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Fortunately there's enough T&A to make up for it.

Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Graduation Day [Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack]", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Graduation_Day_(film)&oldid=980384363, Wikipedia articles with plot summary needing attention from March 2019, All Wikipedia articles with plot summary needing attention, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 26 September 2020, at 07:24.

Sally heads back to the locker room and after showering and shaving her legs, the killer arrives, wearing a gray sweatsuit, black leather gloves and a fencing mask. “ No Graduation ever” - Yeah this movie didn’t do it for me at all pretty dull for the most part and the kills looked cheap as hell this is yet another 80’s slasher flick that I highly see appraised by everyone but to me was disappointing. Though it received a largely negative reception, the film has since developed a cult following among fans of the genre. A little later, Sally the gymnast arrives in the gym area where Coach Michaels is there with a photographer to take a few photos of her doing a routine on the gym bars, but she is not able to concentrate apparently due to memories of Laura's death.

The biggest problem with Graduation Day is the pace, it's really slow. In the woods, Dolores and fellow track team members Tony are confronted by Officer MacGregor while smoking a joint. Inside Coach Michael's desk are a pair of black leather gloves and a stopwatch. Track team member Ralph, who carries a football, runs into Doris and Joanna in the woods.

and distributed Columbia Pictures in the heart of the Slasher boom. YOU RENTED AN 80's SLASHER FLICK!!! Anne, Inspector Halliday, and MacGregor arrive and find the team photo with the faces of all of the team members (except for Kevin's) crossed out.

Sally tries to concentrate despite Coach's encouragement words: of "don't disappoint me", but she continually fails. Two teenagers fake an attack by a legendary serial killer for a little attention, but the plan backfires when this triggers the real killer to resurface and go after them. Fun, though predictable slasher with some inventive kills.

Pre-production commenced in 1980, where filming began on December 8 in Los Angeles, California. However, an unknown killer has another idea. Why is that? I'll say this for Graduation Day, it doesn't waste any fucking time at the start...after that though? The plot follows a high school track team who are stalked and murdered by a masked assailant days before their graduation. A black-gloved hand stops a stopwatch at 30 seconds.

During a high school track meet at Midvale High School, Laura Ramstead, after being pushed by Coach Michaels, collapses and dies after crossing the finish line. Writing for The Washington Post, Richard Harrington criticized the film as “badly acted” and “seemingly shot with varied-quality stock footage.”[3] Linda Gross of the Los Angeles Times referred to it as “an insinuating and lecherous movie with many hokey effects and poor-quality acting,"[4] while Variety similarly noted the film as “poor quality.”[5], Online movie guide Allmovie awarded the film one out of five stars, calling it “standard” and wrote: “Graduation Day needed more time in the school of horror before it could truly make the grade,” though praised its “creative” casting. No Motive!!!

The suspects include the track coach Michaels, Laura's sister Anne who arrives in town for the funeral, the creepy school principal Mr. Guglione, and Laura's strange boyfriend Kevin. Michaels and Kevin struggle on the ground for the hunting knife and the coach manages to get the hunting knife away from Kevin.

© Letterboxd Limited. All the films from my exploitation lists, bundled into one mega-super-list-to-rule-them-all! The killer, standing nearby with the stopwatch, again stops it at 30 seconds. Anne runs away as Kevin picks up Laura's corpse and takes it back inside his house. Meanwhile, Dolores (Linnea Quigley) is on a park bench with her boyfriend Tony (Billy Hufsey), smoking marijuana and kissing when MacGregor (Virgil Frye) the school 'narc' shows up and says he had better not catch them with drugs again. The 1981 cult classic Slasher film was produced by Troma Ent.

Coach Michaels is nearby and checks the body. The closest thing we have to a main character is the dead girl's sister and she disappears for huge chunks of the runtime and it feels like she's only there to act as a red herring. Kevin is disarmed during the struggle, and Coach Michaels picks up the knife. When Dolores grows worried, she goes looking for him and is horrified to find his dismembered head—and the killer. Later, another track member, named Sally (Denise Cheshire), is walking through the wooded area and she has an encounter with Anne, who is looking for the auditorium. A high school girl dies during a sprint competition. Later in the auditorium, Sally arrives where she sees Anne already there watching the students having a graduation rehearsal, with Anne as a special guest.

Two months later, on the day before graduation day, Anne Ramstead, a U.S. Navy officer and Laura's older sister, returns to her hometown in order to take part in the high school graduation ceremony in honor of her sister. No... retarded.

This movie overall is pretty funny! But then those sick last 10 minutes happened and I was beaming. A short time later, Anne is speaking with Guglione's secretary and discovers that Kevin has been lying to her. ", Review by Tony the Terror️‍ ★★★★ 2, 30. a movie with a celebrity before they were a celebrity, You might think I picked this one because it has a young Vanna White in it and that’s all fine and good, but if you know me then you know I’m like “Vanna who bitch I picked this movie for ❤️ LINNEA ❤️” and when I say her name out loud those heart emojis actually do appear so yeah. To kill all the track team members, and cause total havoc at graduation.

Fatal Games, another slasher film with a similar plot, was released in 1984. Ralph goes behind the trees and says to the killer "Hi. Great gore, Giallo sensibilities, and characters that make sense added up to a movie that I enjoyed.

After a high school track runner, named Laura, suddenly dies from a heart attack after finishing a 30-second 200-meter race, a killer wearing a sweat suit and a fencing mask begins killing off her friends on the school track team one by one.

Click here to login or here to sign up. Anne and her mother discuss the death of their sister/daughter (who happens to be Laura). letterboxd.com/joel_clark97/list/overlooked-horror-movies-you-should-see/, Every Horror Film Made from 1895 - present, Teenage Wasteland: A Comprehensive List of Coming-of-Age films, I’m in my room alone bored and I will be making a list of every movie that comes to my mind until I get bored with that, The Chronological History of the Cinematic Macabre, 2,500 + Noteworthy Movies on Amazon Prime, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of Slasher Films (1974 - 1995), Low-Budget & Lurid: A List of Exploitation/Grindhouse Fare (Every Movie on the Grindhouse Cinema Database, Almost), All the films mentioned in Kim Newman's Nightmare Movies, Genre: Exploitation (100 Years: 1896-1995). After giving her statement to the police, a traumatized Anne returns home that night and hallucinates an undead Kevin in her room, when in reality it is just her drunk stepfather Ronald. Dolores is then attacked by the killer who chases her though the woods as the band Gangster Rock continues to play, drowning out her screams.

Vanna White.

The team is devastated. The dead bodies are assembled for the final shot of the film. When her mother asks how long will she be visiting, Anne replies that she will be leaving after graduation day. Anne sees how odd Kevin is, claiming that his parents are away and his grandmother, who spends all the time in a chair in the living room watching TV, is stone deaf.

Swan Song Theme, Data Science Central Group, Marvelous 3 Albums, Phineas And Ferb Movie, Is Hamilton In Peel Region, Where Can I Buy The Pink Stuff, What Did Nicholas Of Cusa Discover, Food Of The Gods 2 Watch Online, Instagram Wallpaper For Highlights, Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire, Thomas Hamilton, Touching Eulogy For Friend Examples, Map Of Malton And Surrounding Area, Reign Of Terror, 1997 Melbourne Cup Results, Greg Maddux Changeup, Desert Gold Plant, Dean Cain Net Worth 2020, The Metromaniacs, Best School Neighbourhoods In Toronto, Kansas Carry On Wayward Son Lyrics, The Road Less Traveled Pdf, Getting Your Way Every Day, Related" />

While looking for the ball, Ralph is confronted by the killer, who throws it back at him with a metal spike attached. Tony and Dolores head away from the party into the woods for make out and when Tony goes off to answer the call of nature, he is decapitated by the fencing masked killer with a pair of garden shears.

You need to be logged in to continue.

After giving her statement to the police, Anne goes home that night and while sleeping in bed, sees the blooded and undead Kevin walking into her room with a hunting knife. In the locker room, Doris and Joanne discover Sally's body in a locker, which prompts Coach Michaels and Kevin to the run to the locker room.

Underwhelming tale of a pussy-boyfriend, an androgynous sister, an abusive coach, a drunken father and a worrying mother, who all have some kind of motive for going on a relentless murder spree. [6] On the internet review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds a 57% approval rating based on 7 reviews, with an average of 5.2/10. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google privacy policy and terms of service apply. After a high school track runner, named Laura, suddenly dies from a heart attack after finishing a 30-second 200-meter race, a killer wearing a sweat suit and a fencing mask begins killing off her friends on the school track team one by one. The suspects include the track coach Michaels, Laura's sister Anne who arrives in town for the funeral, the creepy school principal Mr. Guglione, and Laura's strange boyfriend Kevin. Her family and friends mourn her passing, and the school plans to honor her memory at the upcoming graduation. Coach pleads his innocence, but Kevin angrily raves, "You killed Laura! [1], The film premiered in Los Angeles on May 1, 1981, where it grossed $98,000 from its opening weekend in sixteen theaters. As Inspector Halliday asks Anne about the photo, Kevin runs off after Coach Michaels.

Vanna White.

Swan Song Theme, Data Science Central Group, Marvelous 3 Albums, Phineas And Ferb Movie, Is Hamilton In Peel Region, Where Can I Buy The Pink Stuff, What Did Nicholas Of Cusa Discover, Food Of The Gods 2 Watch Online, Instagram Wallpaper For Highlights, Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire, Thomas Hamilton, Touching Eulogy For Friend Examples, Map Of Malton And Surrounding Area, Reign Of Terror, 1997 Melbourne Cup Results, Greg Maddux Changeup, Desert Gold Plant, Dean Cain Net Worth 2020, The Metromaniacs, Best School Neighbourhoods In Toronto, Kansas Carry On Wayward Son Lyrics, The Road Less Traveled Pdf, Getting Your Way Every Day,

Recent Posts
%d bloggers like this: