Fortunately we didn't remember how the story went from previous iterations, so the ending was a good surprise. Murder On The Orient Express [DVD] [2017], Agatha Christie's Poirot: Murder on the Orient Express, Agatha Christie Mysteries Collection [DVD]. To me this movie is still a feast for the eyes ! This movie was so well done! I can understand why a critic or even the average movie-goer would feel that way, However, I think both of these disappointments come from wrong-headed expectations. Several of the actors said it was great fun. I thought the plot was contrived, though my understanding is that it's accurate to the original, so that really can't be counted against this movie. Unable to add item to List. This is a review for the *Kenneth Branagh* version -- reviews for different versions seem to be lumped together, and I think positive reviews for the old one are skewing the average under the new one.
Albert Finney is the dapper detective Hercule Poirot, for whom murder-solving is a precise, intellectual exercise. Agatha Christie is a classic and the remake with Johnny Depp is quite good. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness.
Stylish, very well acted, well written, true to the source and the characters: buy this version...now! Sign in to see videos available to you.

I watched this movie when it was first in the theaters. Travelling or based outside United States? PS : Look also at the costumes in Evil Under The Sun!). I even came back later and tried it again and was still disappointed.

The only thing going for it was the cinematography.

Dame Judi Dench, Meryl Streep Jonny Depp, to name a few. For the most part, you need to ignore the critics on this one and make up your own mind. The atmosphere, the acting and the black and white images of Daisy being abducted along with the sinister music make this a gripping film. The outfits are so glamorous ( those of Lauren Bacall and Jacqueline Bisset!!!).

Fun fact : The Orient Express still offers trips from Istanbul to Paris! Albert Finney is fabulous as HP and there are a host of fantastic actors who ALL get a chance to shine unlike in the KB version which was a travesty. Previous page of related Sponsored Products. A must view movie. Fun fact : The Orient Express still offers trips from Istanbul to Paris!

This blue tinted opening sequence, showing the kidnap of a young child, are particularly eerie and atmospheric - in marked contrast to the opulent pink satined titles and grand orchestral theme tune.

Reviewed in the United States on November 23, 2018. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. I'm not claiming that everyone will love this movie as much as I did, but it needs to be evaluated for what it is, not what it is not. Kenneth Branagh directs and leads an all-star cast, including Johnny Depp, in this stylish, suspenseful and thrilling mystery based on the best-selling novel by Agatha Christie. A sad theme, perhaps, to make a film about, but a clever use of an actual historical parallel, so fiction only mirrroring reality - and anyway what a superb and timeless production! I was only vaguely familiar with the storyline of Orient Express. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. BEST FILM VERSION OF AGATHA CHRISTIE'S CLASSIC, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 1, 2018. This Is Not the Sydney Lumet Film, and That's a Good Thing, Reviewed in the United States on December 10, 2017. Seen better earlier performances of this Agatha Christie novel. I was expecting more of a serious suspense/mystery movie with some creepy elements, but that's not what this is. With the central character so hammy, there was no cohesion.

Murder On the Orient Express Digital HD with Ultraviolet DVD Kenneth Branagh directs and leads an all-star cast, including Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer, Penélope Cruz, Judi Dench and Leslie Odom, Jr., in this stylish, suspenseful and thrilling mystery based on the best-selling novel by Agatha Christie. The cast is a star-studded list of famous names. Everyone’s a suspect when a murder is committed on a lavish train ride, and a brilliant detective must race against time to solve the puzzle before the killer strikes again. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Would recommend. Even the scenery and the overall setting of the film was better in the AF film. I think that this is the best film version of Murder on The Orient Express with Kenneth Brannagh's a close second. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.

He has duplicated the carriages of the Orient Express and filled them with the best actors of the day. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.

Please try again. BEST FILM VERSION OF AGATHA CHRISTIE'S CLASSIC, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 1, 2018. I thought the plot was contrived, though my understanding is that it's accurate to the original, so that really can't be counted against this movie. Agatha Christie Mysteries Collection [DVD], Agatha Christie's Poirot: Murder on the Orient Express. The outfits are so glamorous ( those of Lauren Bacall and Jacqueline Bisset!!!). Then I watched all the remakes and realized there is nothing better than the original. Costumes are wonderful as is the acting. The overwhelming majority of the reviews I read aren't really reviews of this movie; they're reviews of Sidney Lumet's 1974 Murder on the Orient Express and observations that Branagh's version isn't that one. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 12, 2014.
True Story Of Saved By The Bell, Denis Irwin, Arctic Tern, Gulliver Lewis, Larry Allison Camp Jened, Rahimin Meaning In Urdu, Placate Mnemonic, Darwin's Dangerous Idea Movie Summary, Lindsey Morgan Net Worth, When You Go, Needful Things Streaming, Henrik Larsson, Fahrenheit 451 Imagery Quotes, Chipper Jones Injury, Man Utd Latest Transfer News Today Tribal Football News, Beauty And The Beast 2015 Mini Series, The Secret History Read Online, So, What's Your Price?, Papi Test, The Way I Am Ingrid Michaelson Instrumental, Jennifer Aniston Weight Loss, Parks And Recreation Cast, Full Metal Jacket Quotes, William Gallas Net Worth, Macduff Scotland, The Elements Of Style, 2019 Preakness Stakes, Mookie Betts Pba, Kris Bryant Baby Weight, Caulfield Races Today Results, Max Holloway Vs Khabib, Sonequa Martin-green Walking Dead, Trea Turner Twitch, Mornings In Jenin Thesis, Solomon Thomas Net Worth, Sridharan Sriram Australia Coach, Brandon Thomas Lee Movie With Bella Thorne, My Racing Tips, Dream Minecraft, Mlb Fantasy League, West York, Pa, Alex Poythress, John Ducey Baseball, Autodata Inc Dba Chrome Data, Earth's Best Organic Toddler Formula Ingredients, Tim Wakefield Career Stats, Economic Accounts, History Of Evolution Pdf, Frozen 2 Sing-along Dvd, Never Coming Back (violet Evergarden) | Piano, Sober Meaning In Tamil, Luis Robert Wallpaper, Pc Builds, Bundesliga 2 Results, Twelfth Night Characters, Will Smith Kids, Wwe 2k20 Roster, Roshan Meaning, Malaria Treatment Drugs, Amanda Kluber Age, Chelsea Vs Real Madrid 2020, Auschwitz Visit, Moulin Rouge Tickets, Do It Again Chords, Pine Siskin, Blue Crush 2 Google Drive, Alan Shearer Net Worth, Characteristics Of Ruth In The Bible, Steph Houghton Salary Per Year, Geoff Collins Wife, The Scientist Lyrics, UFC Fight Pass, Sister Nancy Songs, Alex Rodriguez Quote, French Revolution Facts, Census Field Manager Review, Art Carney, Sitt Marie Rose Summary, Is Everyone's Name Written In The Lamb's Book Of Life, Imbecile Iq Chart, Jaran Goyang Film, Randy Johnson John Kruk Wink, Gotta Serve Somebody, Vans Shoes, Alonzo Herndon Stadium, Census 2020 Vietnamese, Rachel Dolezal Hair, La Liga 2 Table, Types Of Drafts Writing, Revierderby Pronunciation, Uptown Funk Chords Pdf, Stephanie Hayes Von Hayes, Flicka 2 123movies, What's Happening In Aurora, Il, Arctic Monkeys - Mardy Bum Lyrics, Bill Gates' Father Net Worth, Deonte Harris Height Weight, Kansas City Chiefs 90's Roster, Map Of Mississauga Roads, Terminarz Ekstraklasy 2020/21, Related" />
Fortunately we didn't remember how the story went from previous iterations, so the ending was a good surprise. Murder On The Orient Express [DVD] [2017], Agatha Christie's Poirot: Murder on the Orient Express, Agatha Christie Mysteries Collection [DVD]. To me this movie is still a feast for the eyes ! This movie was so well done! I can understand why a critic or even the average movie-goer would feel that way, However, I think both of these disappointments come from wrong-headed expectations. Several of the actors said it was great fun. I thought the plot was contrived, though my understanding is that it's accurate to the original, so that really can't be counted against this movie. Unable to add item to List. This is a review for the *Kenneth Branagh* version -- reviews for different versions seem to be lumped together, and I think positive reviews for the old one are skewing the average under the new one.
Albert Finney is the dapper detective Hercule Poirot, for whom murder-solving is a precise, intellectual exercise. Agatha Christie is a classic and the remake with Johnny Depp is quite good. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness.
Stylish, very well acted, well written, true to the source and the characters: buy this version...now! Sign in to see videos available to you.

I watched this movie when it was first in the theaters. Travelling or based outside United States? PS : Look also at the costumes in Evil Under The Sun!). I even came back later and tried it again and was still disappointed.

Dame Judi Dench, Meryl Streep Jonny Depp, to name a few. For the most part, you need to ignore the critics on this one and make up your own mind. The atmosphere, the acting and the black and white images of Daisy being abducted along with the sinister music make this a gripping film. The outfits are so glamorous ( those of Lauren Bacall and Jacqueline Bisset!!!).

Fun fact : The Orient Express still offers trips from Istanbul to Paris! Albert Finney is fabulous as HP and there are a host of fantastic actors who ALL get a chance to shine unlike in the KB version which was a travesty. Previous page of related Sponsored Products. A must view movie. Fun fact : The Orient Express still offers trips from Istanbul to Paris!

This blue tinted opening sequence, showing the kidnap of a young child, are particularly eerie and atmospheric - in marked contrast to the opulent pink satined titles and grand orchestral theme tune.

Reviewed in the United States on November 23, 2018. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. I'm not claiming that everyone will love this movie as much as I did, but it needs to be evaluated for what it is, not what it is not. Kenneth Branagh directs and leads an all-star cast, including Johnny Depp, in this stylish, suspenseful and thrilling mystery based on the best-selling novel by Agatha Christie. A sad theme, perhaps, to make a film about, but a clever use of an actual historical parallel, so fiction only mirrroring reality - and anyway what a superb and timeless production! I was only vaguely familiar with the storyline of Orient Express. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. BEST FILM VERSION OF AGATHA CHRISTIE'S CLASSIC, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 1, 2018. This Is Not the Sydney Lumet Film, and That's a Good Thing, Reviewed in the United States on December 10, 2017. Seen better earlier performances of this Agatha Christie novel. I was expecting more of a serious suspense/mystery movie with some creepy elements, but that's not what this is. With the central character so hammy, there was no cohesion.

Murder On the Orient Express Digital HD with Ultraviolet DVD Kenneth Branagh directs and leads an all-star cast, including Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer, Penélope Cruz, Judi Dench and Leslie Odom, Jr., in this stylish, suspenseful and thrilling mystery based on the best-selling novel by Agatha Christie. The cast is a star-studded list of famous names. Everyone’s a suspect when a murder is committed on a lavish train ride, and a brilliant detective must race against time to solve the puzzle before the killer strikes again. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Would recommend. Even the scenery and the overall setting of the film was better in the AF film. I think that this is the best film version of Murder on The Orient Express with Kenneth Brannagh's a close second. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.

He has duplicated the carriages of the Orient Express and filled them with the best actors of the day. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.

Please try again. BEST FILM VERSION OF AGATHA CHRISTIE'S CLASSIC, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 1, 2018. I thought the plot was contrived, though my understanding is that it's accurate to the original, so that really can't be counted against this movie. Agatha Christie Mysteries Collection [DVD], Agatha Christie's Poirot: Murder on the Orient Express. The outfits are so glamorous ( those of Lauren Bacall and Jacqueline Bisset!!!). Then I watched all the remakes and realized there is nothing better than the original. Costumes are wonderful as is the acting. The overwhelming majority of the reviews I read aren't really reviews of this movie; they're reviews of Sidney Lumet's 1974 Murder on the Orient Express and observations that Branagh's version isn't that one. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 12, 2014.
True Story Of Saved By The Bell, Denis Irwin, Arctic Tern, Gulliver Lewis, Larry Allison Camp Jened, Rahimin Meaning In Urdu, Placate Mnemonic, Darwin's Dangerous Idea Movie Summary, Lindsey Morgan Net Worth, When You Go, Needful Things Streaming, Henrik Larsson, Fahrenheit 451 Imagery Quotes, Chipper Jones Injury, Man Utd Latest Transfer News Today Tribal Football News, Beauty And The Beast 2015 Mini Series, The Secret History Read Online, So, What's Your Price?, Papi Test, The Way I Am Ingrid Michaelson Instrumental, Jennifer Aniston Weight Loss, Parks And Recreation Cast, Full Metal Jacket Quotes, William Gallas Net Worth, Macduff Scotland, The Elements Of Style, 2019 Preakness Stakes, Mookie Betts Pba, Kris Bryant Baby Weight, Caulfield Races Today Results, Max Holloway Vs Khabib, Sonequa Martin-green Walking Dead, Trea Turner Twitch, Mornings In Jenin Thesis, Solomon Thomas Net Worth, Sridharan Sriram Australia Coach, Brandon Thomas Lee Movie With Bella Thorne, My Racing Tips, Dream Minecraft, Mlb Fantasy League, West York, Pa, Alex Poythress, John Ducey Baseball, Autodata Inc Dba Chrome Data, Earth's Best Organic Toddler Formula Ingredients, Tim Wakefield Career Stats, Economic Accounts, History Of Evolution Pdf, Frozen 2 Sing-along Dvd, Never Coming Back (violet Evergarden) | Piano, Sober Meaning In Tamil, Luis Robert Wallpaper, Pc Builds, Bundesliga 2 Results, Twelfth Night Characters, Will Smith Kids, Wwe 2k20 Roster, Roshan Meaning, Malaria Treatment Drugs, Amanda Kluber Age, Chelsea Vs Real Madrid 2020, Auschwitz Visit, Moulin Rouge Tickets, Do It Again Chords, Pine Siskin, Blue Crush 2 Google Drive, Alan Shearer Net Worth, Characteristics Of Ruth In The Bible, Steph Houghton Salary Per Year, Geoff Collins Wife, The Scientist Lyrics, UFC Fight Pass, Sister Nancy Songs, Alex Rodriguez Quote, French Revolution Facts, Census Field Manager Review, Art Carney, Sitt Marie Rose Summary, Is Everyone's Name Written In The Lamb's Book Of Life, Imbecile Iq Chart, Jaran Goyang Film, Randy Johnson John Kruk Wink, Gotta Serve Somebody, Vans Shoes, Alonzo Herndon Stadium, Census 2020 Vietnamese, Rachel Dolezal Hair, La Liga 2 Table, Types Of Drafts Writing, Revierderby Pronunciation, Uptown Funk Chords Pdf, Stephanie Hayes Von Hayes, Flicka 2 123movies, What's Happening In Aurora, Il, Arctic Monkeys - Mardy Bum Lyrics, Bill Gates' Father Net Worth, Deonte Harris Height Weight, Kansas City Chiefs 90's Roster, Map Of Mississauga Roads, Terminarz Ekstraklasy 2020/21, Related" />

Reviewed in the United States on November 23, 2018. Sidney Lumen got great actors to participate ensemble. Elegant, escapist entertainment at its stylishly European best. Sidney Lumen got great actors to participate ensemble.

Thought provoking ending. I hate to say I strongly disliked this. It's well made and for the most part entertaining, but it's fairly light and aimed more at an older demographic--think more "Murder She Wrote" than "True Detective." Please try again. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Branagh is a brilliant actor, but he never inhabits Poirot. We have, of course, become used since to the part of Poirot being played on the medium of televison by the exquisitely-mannered David Suchet, so this earlier and slightly more abrasive character portrayal by Albert Finney jars a little at first but soon becomes part of the story style. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Critics are complaining about a flat ending and a wasted ensemble cast of A-list actors. So I didn’t think I was going to like this movie much less love it. It's well made and for the most part entertaining, but it's fairly light and aimed more at an older demographic--think more "Murder She Wrote" than "True Detective." Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. An excellent presentation of an Agatha Christie thriller. The filming and scenery are beautiful but no matter how I tried, the much more "masculine" Poirot portrayed in this movie just didnt seem to fit.

True Story Of Saved By The Bell, Denis Irwin, Arctic Tern, Gulliver Lewis, Larry Allison Camp Jened, Rahimin Meaning In Urdu, Placate Mnemonic, Darwin's Dangerous Idea Movie Summary, Lindsey Morgan Net Worth, When You Go, Needful Things Streaming, Henrik Larsson, Fahrenheit 451 Imagery Quotes, Chipper Jones Injury, Man Utd Latest Transfer News Today Tribal Football News, Beauty And The Beast 2015 Mini Series, The Secret History Read Online, So, What's Your Price?, Papi Test, The Way I Am Ingrid Michaelson Instrumental, Jennifer Aniston Weight Loss, Parks And Recreation Cast, Full Metal Jacket Quotes, William Gallas Net Worth, Macduff Scotland, The Elements Of Style, 2019 Preakness Stakes, Mookie Betts Pba, Kris Bryant Baby Weight, Caulfield Races Today Results, Max Holloway Vs Khabib, Sonequa Martin-green Walking Dead, Trea Turner Twitch, Mornings In Jenin Thesis, Solomon Thomas Net Worth, Sridharan Sriram Australia Coach, Brandon Thomas Lee Movie With Bella Thorne, My Racing Tips, Dream Minecraft, Mlb Fantasy League, West York, Pa, Alex Poythress, John Ducey Baseball, Autodata Inc Dba Chrome Data, Earth's Best Organic Toddler Formula Ingredients, Tim Wakefield Career Stats, Economic Accounts, History Of Evolution Pdf, Frozen 2 Sing-along Dvd, Never Coming Back (violet Evergarden) | Piano, Sober Meaning In Tamil, Luis Robert Wallpaper, Pc Builds, Bundesliga 2 Results, Twelfth Night Characters, Will Smith Kids, Wwe 2k20 Roster, Roshan Meaning, Malaria Treatment Drugs, Amanda Kluber Age, Chelsea Vs Real Madrid 2020, Auschwitz Visit, Moulin Rouge Tickets, Do It Again Chords, Pine Siskin, Blue Crush 2 Google Drive, Alan Shearer Net Worth, Characteristics Of Ruth In The Bible, Steph Houghton Salary Per Year, Geoff Collins Wife, The Scientist Lyrics, UFC Fight Pass, Sister Nancy Songs, Alex Rodriguez Quote, French Revolution Facts, Census Field Manager Review, Art Carney, Sitt Marie Rose Summary, Is Everyone's Name Written In The Lamb's Book Of Life, Imbecile Iq Chart, Jaran Goyang Film, Randy Johnson John Kruk Wink, Gotta Serve Somebody, Vans Shoes, Alonzo Herndon Stadium, Census 2020 Vietnamese, Rachel Dolezal Hair, La Liga 2 Table, Types Of Drafts Writing, Revierderby Pronunciation, Uptown Funk Chords Pdf, Stephanie Hayes Von Hayes, Flicka 2 123movies, What's Happening In Aurora, Il, Arctic Monkeys - Mardy Bum Lyrics, Bill Gates' Father Net Worth, Deonte Harris Height Weight, Kansas City Chiefs 90's Roster, Map Of Mississauga Roads, Terminarz Ekstraklasy 2020/21,

Recent Posts
%d bloggers like this: